Job Title: Engagement Officer
Department: Employment and Skills
Reporting to: Darryl Monfries
Salary: £23,000 – £24,000, dependent upon experience (pro-rated if part-time)
Hours: 21 hours/week preferable, however, SBEG would consider full-time applicants (35 hours/week). Some occasional work out of hours
South Bank Employers’ Group (SBEG) is a membership association of the major and pre-eminent employers and businesses in the South Bank and Waterloo area, dedicated to achieving the best possible experience for employees, residents and visitors. SBEG is a not for profit company, set up in 1991 by a small group of businesses and employers to regenerate and transform South Bank. All members share a vision for South Bank and its future as:
- a desirable destination for culture, business and pleasure
- a place which supports and encourages investment and business growth
- a place with a flourishing and cohesive residential community
- a place which is welcoming to visitors and tourists
- a friendly, clean, colourful, safe, dynamic and diverse area
South Bank is an incredibly dynamic neighbourhood and continues to undergo significant change. With many high-profile development projects underway and more planned, it’s a place that’s continually redefining aspects of urban and neighbourhood management. For over 25 years, SBEG has been at the heart of these changes and remains committed to addressing the future needs of the area. We work to tackle South Bank’s ongoing investment needs, to ensure that our voice and that of our members is heard.
Main Purpose of the Job
South Bank Employers’ Group is now seeking an Engagement Officer to join the Employment and Skills department, specifically to work on the Journey2Work project.
The Journey2Work project is a DWP/ESF funded project, which aims to support economically inactive and long-term unemployed participants over the age of 40 move towards, and into, sustainable employment. This is done using a personalised circle of support approach and a range of innovative interventions. It will also include support in the workplace if required.
This is a performance driven role. The Engagement Officer will utilise their skills and experience to identify and engage new partners for referrals, and in developing and maintaining relationships with referral agents (including JCP, local authorities and other statutory and non-statutory agencies) to ensure maximum levels of referral to the provision. The Engagement Officer must be adaptable to change and working towards continuous improvement in quality and performance. This calls for good team work and flexibility. The attainment of personal and team targets is essential in the role.
- To market and sell Journey2Work services effectively and professionally to new employers, existing employers and other agencies in building strong employer networks to develop work placements and jobs opportunities for participants
- Ensure referrals are reaching agreed G4S targets and undertake initial eligibility checks for new participants on the project
- Undertake the initial eligibility and referral appointment, including completing ID checks and relevant paperwork.
- Demonstrate a detailed knowledge and awareness of local labour market developments to pro-actively market opportunities to participants and meet the needs of the employer
- To demonstrate a detailed knowledge and awareness of local voluntary organisations to pro-actively market opportunities to participants and meet the needs of participants on the project
- Developing good relationships with the participants and their Caseworker, to understand the participants job needs and preferences
- Work closely with new referral sources to agree on referrals processes.
- Undertake/attend engagement activities such as jobs fairs and community events to identify/generate suitable referrals.
- Varied field work and outreach working
- Any other reasonable duties as required
- Complying with South Bank Employers’ Group’s Health & Safety policies at all times
- Complying with South Bank Employers’ Group’s Equal Opportunities policies at all times.
- Acting as a full member of the South Bank Employers’ Group team
- Be able to work to a flexible time pattern in order to suit the needs of the services
Skills and Experience
- Experience in previous stakeholder or partnership engagement roles.
- Proven track record delivering ESF/DWP contracts
- Previous experience of delivering outreach employment services to contract targets
- Ability to engage with target audience in both group and 1:1 setting
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- The ability to work within a target driven environment.
- Ability to work closely with a networked team, sharing information to benefit the contract, whilst also being autonomous.
- Strong organisation skills and ability order to plan and manage your time and individual priorities.
- Educated to A-Level, or NVQ Level 3 equivalent
- Confidence, that will allow you to approach and engage with members of the local community
- Ability to thrive in a busy and fast paced environment
- Interest in, and a commitment to, regeneration of the environment where people live, work and visit.
- 25 days annual leave increasing with length of service up to 28 days per year
- 6% pension contribution
- Interest free season ticket loan
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and a covering letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the job description and person specification, and why you wish to work for this organisation,
to Issie Ryans: email@example.com
or return it by post to: Issie Ryans, South Bank Employers’ Group, Elizabeth House, 39 York Road SE1 7NQ
Deadline for submissions: midday on Monday 30th April 2018
Interviews will be held: Thursday 4th and Friday 5th May 2018
South Bank Employers’ Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer and aims to ensure that no job applicant is discriminated against on the grounds of gender, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, race, religion or belief. We operate a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the job role.