We are focused on improving the urban environment and the facilities available for residents, visitors and employees. We oversee all activity to manage the area’s public realm. We lead efforts to minimise construction disruption and keep the public informed of developments. And we respond to public reports of street problems and make sure that investment in a better South Bank is protected.
WHAT WE’RE DOING FOR A BETTER SOUTH BANK
- Promoting, developing and delivering public realm improvements, for example 500 sq/m of graffiti is removed every month by South Bank Graffiti Removal Service (15,000 tags to date)
- Improving the standard of neighbourhood management, for example 500 bags of rubbish are removed a month by South Bank Clean Team
- Helping to coordinate the area’s security strategy through South Bank Patrol, which has been granted limited police powers through the Community Safety Accreditation Scheme
- Reducing carbon emissions from the area’s major businesses and aiding them to adopt more green policies.
- Finding long-term solutions to reduce the impact of anti-social street drinking, rough sleeping and entrenchment
- Encouraging high quality development in the area