The South Bank is an area of vital importance to the success of Central London. Spanning across two boroughs – Lambeth and Southwark – it is a unique mix of employment, culture, tourist attractions, eateries, residences, universities, a hospital, and the busiest transport hub in London.
Over the past fifteen years, it has transformed from an uninviting part of London into one of the most vibrant, welcoming and attractive destinations both in London and the UK.
The South Bank Employers Group's (SBEG) is a partnership of the major organisations in the South Bank, Waterloo and Blackfriars areas. SBEG has a long term commitment to improving the area for employers, visitors and residents.
We have dedicated teams which are focused on public realm (capital projects, neighbourhood management and maintenance, security, environmental sustainability), destination marketing, and employment and skills.
We aim to make South Bank:
• A desirable destination for cultural pursuits, business, education and leisure
• A place which supports and encourages investment and business growth
• A place with a flourishing and cohesive residential community
• A place which provides jobs for residents of Lambeth and Southwark
• A place which welcomes visitors
• A friendly, clean, colourful, safe, dynamic and diverse neighbourhood
What we're doing for a better South Bank
- Promoting, developing and delivering public realm improvements, for example 500 sq/m of graffiti is removed every month by South Bank Graffiti Removal Service (15,000 tags to date)
- Improving the standard of neighbourhood management for example 500 bags of rubbish are removed a month by the South Bank Clean Team
- Helping to coordinate the area's security strategy through the South Bank Patrol, recently granted limited police powers through the Community Safety Accreditation Scheme
- Reducing carbon emissions from the area's major businesses and aiding them to adopt more green policies
- Finding long-term solutions to reduce the impact of antisocial street drinking, rough sleeping and entrenchment
- Finding work for the residents as part of the Government's Work Programme
- Facilitating free local training and personal development and helping residents from deprived areas throughout Lambeth and Southwark benefit from the success of South Bank
- Promoting South Bank as a top destination for leisure tourism, increasing spend and dwell time with the aim to maintain and grow the 25million visits to the area a year
- Promoting South Bank as the perfect venue for business tourism through South Bank Venues
- Ensuring residents have their say on local developments and projects through the South Bank Forum and community outreach
- Encouraging high quality development in the area
- Contributing to the well-being of residents in Lambeth and Southwark and ensuring that South Bank remains a top destination for people to live, work and visit
We are committed to the South Bank Partnership Manifesto and Action Plan which sets a framework for the area’s development.