Employment and Skills
Waterloo Job Shop and the Work Programme
SBEG’s Employment and Skills department works with over 70 local employers to deliver an employer-led recruitment programme throughout Waterloo Job Shop.
The Waterloo Job Shop is currently delivering the Government’s new Work Programme as a sub-contractor to Shaw Trust. Lambeth and Southwark residents referred onto the Work Programme by Jobcentre Plus may then be referred to us by Shaw Trust. We help Work Programme customers into sustained employment in the following ways:
We have a tailored approach to getting the right job for you and act to identify your requirements by supporting you one-to-one through the entire process. We also provide ongoing post-employment support and advice once you have found your job.
The Waterloo Job Shop offers:
- Job vacancies
- Work experience placements
- Help with finding work
- Job preparation workshops
- CV and cover letter writing service
- Application form support
- Interview techniques coaching
- One to one advice and guidance
- Access to PCs, internet and telephone/fax facilities
The key elements of our employer-led recruitment programme are:
- Employer Engagement
- Outreach Activities
- Action Plans
- Tailored Training Packages
- Job Brokerage
- Pre-interview support for Candidates
- Post Interview Support for the Employer
- Post Placement Support for Candidates
- Tracking of Candidates
114-118 Lower Marsh, London, SE1 7AG
Please note: We are no longer a drop in service. We are currently working on a referral/appointment basis only with Work Programme referrals coming to us from Shaw Trust via Jobcentre Plus.
If you would like to find out more about the Work Programme thenplease call us on 020 7926 8760.