Following the success of the South Bank Marketing Group, which is responsible for the collective marketing of South Bank as a leisure visitor destination, South Bank Employers’ Group established a new network in 2010, South Bank Venues, focused on promoting the area’s business tourism offer.
The role of the South Bank Venues group is:
- To promote South Bank as a destination for business tourism, meetings, events, incentive travel, conferences, photos shoots and filming
- To increase enquiries and bookings for member companies.
- To facilitate mutually beneficial networking and business referrals among members.
- To identify common issues which require lobbying effort with relevant stakeholders, including the tourism authorities, and to maximise the effectiveness of this collective voice.
- To coordinate the implementation of the Group’s action plan.
- To act as a forum for discussion with strategic partners and stakeholders
All members pay an annual subscription fee which is directly spent on marketing activity.South Bank Venues promotes South Bank as a destination for conferences, events, meetings, incentive travel, filming and photo-shoots. It aims to increase bookings and enquiries for member companies, to identify common issues to lobby on collectively, and to facilitate networking and discussion among stakeholders.
The group also offers free and impartial advice to individuals and event organisers on choosing venues for launch parties, special events or meetings. Our members pay an annual subscription for the marketing activity and include: BFI Southbank, BFI IMAX (Odeon), City Cruises, Union Jack Club, Coin Street Community Builders, MBNA Thames Clippers, National Theatre, Southbank Centre, Park Plaza Westminster Bridge, Park Plaza County Hall, Park Plaza Riverbank, Park Plaza Waterloo, OXO2, IWM London, Coca-Cola London Eye, London Marriott County Hall, 15 Hatfields, Skylon, Hamptons by Hilton Waterloo, London South Bank University, etc Venues County Hall.
For more information about South Bank Venues and to view the spaces for hire in South Bank, please click here.