A new programme, Journey2Work, offers individual, ongoing support to job-seekers aged 50 or over.
The initiative has secured over 700 people a job in their community to date, meeting local aspirations that residents must benefit from a flourishing South Bank and helping employers find committed workers on their doorstep.
The Journey2Work programme supports all those eligible – residents of Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark aged 50 or over and out-of-work for six months or more – to help them overcome barriers to taking up jobs. With support, older job-seekers can access the many jobs created in South Bank in beyond, helping employers facing recruitment challenges.
Under the programme, the Job Shop’s employment advisors support older job-seekers to find work by using connections with local employers – South Bank Employers’ Group members. It also helps those supported to create professional CVs and to improve their interview techniques and provides on-going mentoring once they secure employment.
Journey2Work is delivered in partnership with G4S with funding from the European Social Fund and Department for Work and Pensions.
See a selection of current positions below.
- Labourer – August 2017
- Security Officer — April 2018
- Maintenance Operator Grade 1 – April 2018
- Retail Help Desk Assistant – April 2018
- Compliance Officer – April 2018.xlsm
- Office Administrator – April 2018
- Maintenance Operator, Grade 2 . April 2018
- Control Centre Co-ordinator x 2
- NHS Admin Clerk April 2018
- NHS Admin Clerk Band 2 – April 2018
You can find the Waterloo Job Shop in:
114-118 Lower Marsh
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: 9am – 4:30pm
- Wednesday: 9am – 4pm